[Gluster-devel] ping timeout

Christopher Hawkins chawkins at bplinux.com
Thu Mar 18 12:33:51 UTC 2010

I have a question re: ping timeout for any of the dev's. The minimum value is 5 and the max is 1013... But in my case, I use replicate to mirror server pairs that are each gigabit connected by crossover cables. The latency is very low. 5 seconds is a long time and personally I would like them to give up on the failed link after 500ms or so, so the mountpoint becomes available quickly to the remaining node.

Or I would at least like to test it and see if it's stable that way; I don't mind getting disconnected early in the case of a slow server, because it will just reconnect when the server comes back. Is there any hope for being able to tweak this parameter? Or is there a reason why it simply cannot be lower than 5?

Thanks for any insight and for glusterfs!

Christopher Hawkins