[Gluster-devel] Problem with little write/read files in Gluster 3.0.0

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Wed Jan 27 23:13:37 UTC 2010

Samuel Hassine wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem here. I am using a gluster file system as a simple
> distributed storage (one storage server and multiple clients). I want to
> put php sessions inside this partition.
>
> In GlusterFS 2.0.9, it worked very well. PHP could write and read as
> quickly as possible. But in 3.0.0, PHP successfully writes files but can
> not read anything and freezes (juste after the writing). However, the
> gluster partition remains available et readable. Juste the quick
> write/read seems not to work.
>
> As anyone already encountered this problem ?

I couldn't get 3.0.0 to even finish booting my shared-root cluster (root
volume on gluster), so I'd say that 3.0.0 is even more broken than
3.0.1, even if the broken-ness of it isn't as official as with 3.0.1.
You may have better luck with 3.0.1, DOA as it may be, but if you
haven't got backups I'd stick with 2.0.9 for now, at least until 3.0.2
is out.

Gordan