[Gluster-devel] Re: GlusterFS 3.0 Debian package

Patrick Matthäi pmatthaei at debian.org
Thu Jan 14 21:13:33 UTC 2010

Hello,

glusterfs 2.0.9-3 should migrate in the next days to Debian testing,
which will become the next stable release (Debian Squeeze).

Now I also uploaded 3.0.0 to Debian experimental (those are no
candidates for stable releases), just for testing purpose.

On the weekend, when glusterfs 2.0.9-3 has been migrated from debian
unstable to testing, I will also upload offical backports from it for
Debian Lenny, this should make many Debian glusterfs users happy.

Currently our plans (our as in Debian) are to freeze in March, so I am
looking forward to glusterfs 2.0.10 to include this in the next release.
I think `currently' 3.0.1 is not stable enough for Debian Squeeze, but I
do not know, 3.0 is definetly not stable enough for it.

Matthias Albert schrieb:
> Hi Anand,
>
> yes of course. Yesterday Patrick and I had a small talk about the 3.0 packages. We will build it and also upload them to the experimental repository.
>
> Best wishes from Germany,
>
> 	Matthias
>
> Am 14.01.2010 um 03:41 schrieb Anand Babu Periasamy:
>
>> Hi Patrick/Matthias,
>> Can you also package GlusterFS 3.0 version?
>>
>> Thanks and Best Regards,
>> --
>> Anand Babu Periasamy
>> Blog [http://www.unlocksmith.org]
>> Twitter [http://twitter.com/unlocksmith]
>> Gluster Storage Platform [http://www.gluster.org]
>> GNU/Linux Operating System [http://www.gnu.org]

- --
/*
Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards,
 Patrick Matthäi
 GNU/Linux Debian Developer

E-Mail: pmatthaei at debian.org
        patrick at linux-dev.org