[Gluster-devel] SQL databases storage

Christopher Hawkins chawkins at bplinux.com
Wed Feb 24 17:06:08 UTC 2010

I am interested in testing this as well. What kinds of database corruption did you see, Samuel? I can try to replicate what happened and will also report the results of my own testing.

I can see how accessing the databases concurrently from two or more different clients can cause problems. A mysql instance expects to have exclusive access to the database files... But what about using replicate to mirror the database to another server for DR? That is what I had in mind. In this use case, only one server instance would be accessing the files at any given time, but they would be then be available elsewhere in case of failure.

Chris