[Gluster-devel] error while reading from an open file

Vijay Bellur vijay at gluster.com
Wed Sep 2 13:12:21 UTC 2009

Brian Hirt wrote:

> The first part of this problem (open files not surviving gluster
> restarts) seems like a pretty major design flaw that needs to be fixed.
Yes, we do know that this is a problem and we have our sights set on
solving this.

> The second part (gluster not reporting the error to the writer when
> gluster chokes) is a critical problem that needs to be fixed.

This is a bug in the write-behind translator and bug 242 has been
tracked to address this.

A discussion from the mailing list archives which could be of interest
to you for the tail -f problem:

http://gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/20090113/001362.html

Regards,
Vijay