[Gluster-devel] 2.0.0 Finally Happened?

Brent A Nelson brent at phys.ufl.edu
Tue May 5 06:02:42 UTC 2009

Maybe, but the HDFS FUSE project, which actually lets you mount HDFS like
any other filesystem (without going through some web interface or a
special "shell"), claims not to support permissions yet on their homepage.

If you're looking for something that you can treat like an ordinary POSIX
filesystem, HDFS doesn't currently look like it.

Thanks,

Brent