[Gluster-devel] Performance Translators' Stability and Usefulness

Michael Cassaniti m.cassaniti at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 08:36:42 UTC 2009

If anyone has kept up with Samba development, they reworked their code and
how they write their code for the 4.x series. This was because the
development team felt the code was somewhat unstructured and not as
transparent. They also now have an IDL compiler available.

If the Samba team are anything to go by as far as how code should be
developed in an open source environment, then perhaps it is time GlusterFS
did take a look at this and follow the example. I for one wouldn't want to
see a project I began be too difficult for others to debug or add features
to because I had let the code become too convoluted. And without sufficent
code commenting? What are you thinking?