[Gluster-devel] Performance Translators' Stability and Usefulness

Filipe Maia filipe at xray.bmc.uu.se
Sun Jul 5 20:41:35 UTC 2009

I strongly agree with both Gordan and Geoff when it comes to stability.
I've been trying to get a simple unify setup (now dht) working to
replace my existing nfs file servers and i'm yet to achieve the
necessary stability.
This kind of feature has long been in GlusterFS and should be stable
enough by now, but according to my experience that is not the case.
I would urge the GlusterFS developers to focus on stability above all
else because that is an absolutely essential quality for a software to
be usable, specially one as critical as a file system.

Filipe