[Gluster-devel] Re : how does mod_glusterfs working ?

mohan L l.mohanphy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 11:49:53 UTC 2009

 Dear All ,

I read about mod_glusterfs a module for Apache . I understand that

mod_glusterfs is a module for apache-1.3.x written for efficient serving of
files from glusterfs( i.e to speed up the access of files present on
glusterfs). mod_glusterfs interfaces with glusterfs using APIs provided by
libglusterfsclient library provided for glusterfs and hence can be used
without FUSE (File System in User Space). FUSE involves context switches
which are sometimes a bit too expensive for small files.mod_glusterfs , this
is an apache module which lets you run the filesystem inside apache address
space (in a seperate thread) which can greatly boost the performance of
serving static files. Entire GlusterFS filesystem can be embedded into a web
farm of Apache or Lighttpd web servers. This enables web requests to bypass
kernel and access data directly.

still I am not clear about this module .  can you please explain ?

1). how does   mod_glusterfs is working ? So that i will get more view .

I want to know more about . Because  we are having small db files and also
using Apache web server .  I am exporting db file to client machine .  where
I have to use this module? whithout this module what is the issue?

Thanks for your time

L . Mohan