[Gluster-devel] RPM / BerkeleyDB on GlusterFS

Brent A Nelson brent at phys.ufl.edu
Mon Jan 12 21:25:53 UTC 2009

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009, Gordan Bobic wrote:

> Well, I'm trying to get it working at the moment, but when I'm exporting it
> from glusterfs I get:
>
> mountd: Cannot export /var/lib/rpm, possibly unsupported filesystem or fsid=
> required
>
> I am using the fuse stuff from here:
> http://ftp.gluster.com/pub/gluster/glusterfs/fuse/fuse-2.7.3-2.src.rpm
>
> Am I missing something?

Score one for actually useful error messages.  When reexporting GlusterFS
via kernel-mode NFS, you need to export with fsid= to a number of your
choice.  You also probably need to mount the GlusterFS with direct-io
disabled (but you can do this on a GlusterFS mount that you only use for
NFS reexport, so other GlusterFS activity won't lose performance).

That, and your custom FUSE should do the trick.

Note that, if you use UNFS3 instead of the kernel NFS server, you probably
do still need the fsid, but you don't need to either install a custom fuse
or to disable direct-io.

Thanks,

Brent