[Gluster-devel] replicate data between 2 servers and 1 client

Alain Gonzalez alaingonza at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 12:34:09 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have a problem. I need to replicate data between three machines. Two of
machines are servers and one is a client.

If I change data in client, also changed in the two servers. And if I change
any data on a server1, also changed in the other server2 and client.

I have done tests with the tutorials of glusterfs, but I don´t have good
results.

Someone who can help me?

#server1

volume brick1
   type storage/posix
   option directory /home/export #created
end-volume

volume brick2
   type protocol/client
   option transport-type tcp/client
   option remote-host 192.168.x.x   # IP address of server2
   option remote-subvolume brick1   # use brick1 on server2
end-volume

volume afr
   type cluster/afr
   subvolumes brick1 brick2
end-volume

volume server
   type protocol/server
   option transport-type tcp/server
   subvolumes brick1 afr
   option auth.ip.brick1.allow *all
   option auth.ip.afr.allow *all
end-volumevolume brick1

#server2

volume brick1
   type storage/posix
   option directory /home/export #created
end-volume

volume brick2
   type protocol/client
   option transport-type tcp/client
   option remote-host 192.168.x.x   # IP address of server1
   option remote-subvolume brick1   # use brick1 on server1
end-volume

volume afr
   type cluster/afr
   subvolumes brick2 brick1
end-volume

volume server
   type protocol/server
   option transport-type tcp/server
   subvolumes brick1 afr
   option auth.ip.brick1.allow * #all
   option auth.ip.afr.allow * #all
end-volume

#client

volume brick
   type protocol/client
   option transport-type tcp/client # for TCP/IP transport
   option remote-host 192.168.x.x   # IP address of the server ---->
IP of the server1
   option remote-subvolume afr      # name of the remote volume
end-volume

Best Regards

--
Alain Gonzalez