[Gluster-devel] error while reading from an open file

Vijay Bellur vijay at gluster.com
Sun Aug 30 16:05:20 UTC 2009

Brian Hirt wrote:

> I'm running into some problems where one process is writing a log file
> to a and another is reading from it.  The process reading the file is
> not behaving as expected.
I am assuming you are using the distributed-replicate scenario that you
mentioned in the previous mail. Can you please confirm if the file in
the export
directory contains data that  you did not intend to create?

> I'm also continuing to get hundreds of the errors I mentioned in that
> message with rsync.
>
> [2009-08-28 10:21:20] E [posix.c:1155:posix_chmod] posix: lstat on
> /gluster/exports/redacted/.1218486082-01.jpg.nkOkw9 failed: No such
> file or directory

These are usually to do with temporary files created during a rsync.
These error messages would be benign in nature unless you notice a
discrepancy between the original and rsync'd directories.

Regards,
Vijay