[Gluster-devel] Heads-up note on website changes coming

Anand Babu Periasamy ab at gluster.com
Wed Aug 19 21:01:09 UTC 2009

Gluster Community:

We wanted to give you a heads-up for some website changes that are coming shortly. As we
grow the company we are ramping up investment in the web and laying the foundation for an
enhanced and expanded community. The biggest difference you will see is look and feel, but
that includes making information easier to find and simplified navigation. None of the
existing resources are going away, and new features will be rolled out over time. If you
have requests / recommendations for what you would like to see, please let us know.
(web-feedback at gluster.com)

The two most visible changes are as follows:

We received a lot of feedback that having separate gluster.com and gluster.org sites was
confusing. It also resulted in a lot of overlap and was something of a headache for us to
maintain. We are merging all content under gluster.com and giving the community it's home
under gluster.com/community (Gluster.org will redirect as appropriate). We are as
committed as ever to free software/open source and looking forward to giving you some
exciting new stuff to get your hands on.

We are also close to finishing an overhaul of the documentation. It will be more organized
and easier to navigate and get to specific information quickly. A fair amount of obsolete
information was cleaned up as well. Work on the documentation will of course be an ongoing
effort.

Please let us know if you see any issues or have any other feedback.

Thanks,
The Gluster Team