[Gluster-devel] gluserfs 2.0.4: Text file busy error

Dennis Michael dennis at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 14 16:23:08 UTC 2009

Is this a bug, or does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this error?

We have a job that runs across several compute nodes, and all but
the last process starts.  The last process (on the master node) fails
with a "Text file busy" error on the program binary.

Our workaround is to run the program binary from a NFS partition mounted
via GbE while continuing to access data files and doing MPI/IO in glusterfs.

All nodes run CentOS 5.2.  Glusterfs (ver 2.0.4) is mounted via
Infiniband, and the job runs under bash via SGE.

Our config files:

# client config
volume pf1
   type protocol/client
   option transport-type ib-verbs
   option remote-port 699X
   option remote-host XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
   option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume
#
volume pf2
   type protocol/client
   option transport-type ib-verbs
   option remote-port 699X
   option remote-host XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
   option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume
#
volume distribute
   type cluster/distribute
   subvolumes pf1 pf2
end-volume
#

# server config pf1
volume posix
   type storage/posix
   option directory /data
end-volume
#
volume locks
   type features/locks
   subvolumes posix
end-volume
#
volume brick
   type performance/io-threads
   option thread-count 2
   subvolumes locks
end-volume
#
volume server
   type protocol/server
   option transport-type ib-verbs
   option transport.ib-verbs.listen-port 699X
   option client-volume-filename /usr/etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-client.vol
   option auth.addr.brick.allow *
   subvolumes brick
end-volume

--
Dennis Michael
Manager, High Productivity Technical Computing