[Gluster-devel] Mail cluster storage benchmark

Daniel van Ham Colchete daniel.colchete at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 22:03:24 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 4:01 PM, NovA <av.nova at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> And what is the scheduling policy of DHT? Is there something like NUMA
> planned?
>
> Best regards,
>  Andrey

Andrey,

I think the DHT will distribute things equaly for all the subvolumes. It
does that according with a hash of the filename. It doesn`t use weights on
subvolumes, although it should be easy to implement.

This is why the DHT is great, the lookup() and open() operations will go
only for the only node that have the file. DHT is also great because it
doesn't have the namespace cache, but I think unify will remove this too...

Tomorrow I`ll get the new storages and start the tests.

Best,
Daniel