[Gluster-devel] glusterfsd core dumps

gordan at bobich.net gordan at bobich.net
Tue May 6 16:39:44 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've just observed what seems like a problem related to remote startind
glusterfsd over ssh. If I ssh into one of my glusterfs servers, su to root
and start glusterfsd, it starts fine and everything works. However, as
soon as I log out, glusterfsd seems to die and core dump.

If I do it with nohup it doesn't seem to happen, so I'm guessing it's the
session reset that causes the problem. I'm guessing this isn't the
expected behaviour. An uncaught signal (SIGHUP?) somewhere, perhaps?

This only seems to have started happening since I added the posix lock
brick and re-ordered the storage volume bricks so they are listed in the
same order on all servers.

Gordan