[Gluster-devel] Need a list of as many uses as possible

Alain Baeckeroot alain.baeckeroot at laposte.net
Sat May 3 22:55:02 UTC 2008

Le dimanche 4 mai 2008, Brandon Lamb a écrit :
> I think it would help if we had a list of all the different use cases
> that someone might use glusterfs, then build wiki howtos based off
> that. I will try to think of all I can here

.../...
> *Other

I'm thinking and learning to do NUFA + Unify (if not part of nufa) + AFR
if it performs well for small files with lots of random I/O, and
directories with near 100 000 files.

Aim is 2x10 machines with 500 Gb each to get a 5 TB mirrored workspace
in a 20 nodes mosix cluster (university lab)
1 pool of 10 nufa is afr_mirrored by the other pool of 10 nufa

Underlying fs is reiserfs or ext3, so far we do not see any difference
for our applications.

It will probably begin by 2x2 for a test and eventually use for a while
before scale to more machines and data.

I'am a bit afraid of configuration files for 20 machines configuration ;-)
with new ones added regularly each year... Samuel Douglas scripts seems a
very good idea.

Alain.