[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS Roadmap: Erasure codes.

Dr Rodney G. McDuff mcduff at its.uq.edu.au
Thu May 1 08:15:42 UTC 2008

Hi Anand
    I see this as a ultra-high redundancy and DR solution (similar to
Cleversafe which doesn't seem to be progressing as fast as glusterfs
is). Large storage bricks spread over geographically distance data
centres (say for instance a coop of multiple universities data centres)
and used for archival of large write-one-read-many scientific data sets.
Such a system would still continue to function ( for some of the coop)
even if several data centres failed.

--
Dr. Rodney G. McDuff                 |Ex ignorantia ad sapientiam
Manager, Strategic Technologies Group|    Ex luce ad tenebras