[Gluster-devel] Multiple independent glusterfs daemons on the same host? Using vservers?

Amar S. Tumballi amar at zresearch.com
Fri Mar 7 03:58:02 UTC 2008

> Hmm, since I was running it manually, I was not
> specifying a PID file, does it use a default? (The man
> page does not suggest that it does)  Perhaps the 1.3.7
> did?  It seems (deb1.3.8.pre2) runs multiple instances
> now just fine without the PID switch.

--pidfile was there from long time, but inbetween 1.3.7 and recent pre2, in
some commit due to commit conflict it got missed out. We got a bug report
about it too.. fix is in the line to get into archive.

> Thanks, I have to say that I really appreciate the
> quick helpful valuable responses that I receive on
> this list!  The friendliness and accuracy is something
> that sets this project apart from many others.  Again,
> thanks!
>
> -Martin

:O

-amar

PS : (":O" is official symbol of our project)

--
Amar Tumballi
Gluster/GlusterFS Hacker