[Gluster-devel] AFR write completion? AFR read redundancy?

Anand Avati avati at zresearch.com
Mon Mar 3 16:54:48 UTC 2008

> Cool. In the case of mixed results (some success, some
> failures), what is the result?  Anyway to distinguish
> this from a complete success?

any one success is considered transactions success. fixing the failed
operations is part of next open() (self-heal).

Any plans for such a feature?  HA is great, but so is
> error resilience/correction. :)

we have thoughs of checksum based error detection/correction. Infact one of
the users has submitted a n ECC based translator (yet to be reviewed
seriously). But no plans of making it part of AFR. We are infact even
thinking of raid5 or raid6 kind of translator which does checksum based
error detection/recover to some extent.

Thanks for the quick responses!

usually they have higher latency :)

avati