[Gluster-devel] Unify behaviour if one of the servers disconnected

NovA av.nova at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 11:57:38 UTC 2008

Hello, everybody!

I'm continuing to stress-test glusterFS 1.3.8+ series. Just upgraded
to tla781. It seems stable in my setup by now, no lockups yet. ;)
Great!
But I still can't reveal the desired feature concerning the subj. So I
have a concrete question. :) What is the supposed behaviour of the
unify translator (without AFR), when one of the servers disconnected?
I assumed, that in this case the glusterFS volume should remain online
with some files being inaccessible (which are on the disconnected
server). But now, if I plug the network cable out of a cluster node,
then "ls <unify_volume>" says that it cannot open directory,
"Transport endpoint is not connected". Am I just believe what I
desire? Is it supposed that the unify volume goes back online only
after the disconnected server return?

WBR,
  Andrey