[Gluster-devel] Exporting filesystems 1 per server port

John Marshall John.Marshall at ec.gc.ca
Thu Jul 17 13:31:10 UTC 2008

Amar S. Tumballi wrote:
> Each filesystem?
>
> if you mean to split up multiple export directories into separate
> 'glusterfs' process, yes, thats surely do-able, and actually is tested
> to give a better performance than having a single process exporting
> more than 2 volumes.
>
> Hope this thread helps you
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gluster-devel/2008-03/msg00042.html

Good info.

One of the difficulties I have had when firing up multiple glusterfsd
servers is in identifying what each is serving (of course, on the server
side). Is there a simple way to determine this? E.g., to get info like:
    pid      port   exporting
    1234     7000   /mnt/xyz
    2001     7001   /mnt/abc

I checked out the /proc fs to see if there was any information that
might help, but I could not find any.

Being able to do this would make it a lot easier to administer a bunch
of running glusterfsd processes without mistakenly taking down access
to an operational filesystem served by a glusterfs server.

Thanks,
John