[Gluster-devel] Exporting filesystems 1 per server port

Amar S. Tumballi amar at zresearch.com
Thu Jul 17 00:23:12 UTC 2008

Each filesystem?

if you mean to split up multiple export directories into separate
'glusterfs' process, yes, thats surely do-able, and actually is tested to
give a better performance than having a single process exporting more than 2
volumes.

Hope this thread helps you

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gluster-devel/2008-03/msg00042.html

Regards,
Amar

2008/7/16 John Marshall <John.Marshall at ec.gc.ca>:

> Hi,
>
> Do you have any comments about exporting each filesystem
> using its own server port? This would allow me to bring up and
> down individually exported filesystems without affecting the rest.
>
> Thanks,
> John

Amar Tumballi
Gluster/GlusterFS Hacker