[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS as a backbone on a data centre

Anand Avati avati at zresearch.com
Thu Jan 31 06:28:37 UTC 2008

Sanjib,
 replies inline

> 1.       I want to add bricks without shutting down the GlusterFS
> client. Can I do that in version 1.3? Any work around?

You cannot hot-add nodes with 1.3. A workaround is to pre-declare possible
future IPs, so that when the new node comes online, it adds automatically.

2.       I found resync does not take place  when an AFR'ed brick is
> disconnected, files are added in active brick and AFR'ed brick is
> reconnected. How can we solve this problem?

This is part of the proactive self-heal which is scheduled in the future
releases. As of now resync happens only on the next open() of the file.

3.       How far is the development for 1.4 release? Is there any
> tentative date?

We are targetting April for 1.4.

avati