[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS as a backbone on a data centre

sanjib.mallick at wipro.com sanjib.mallick at wipro.com
Thu Jan 31 05:39:59 UTC 2008

Hi,

I recently completed evaluation of GlusterFS 1.3 for using as a backbone
on a data centre.

There are few things I could not do with GlusterFS which looks to be a
'must' for a data center, is there a way to do that?

1.       I want to add bricks without shutting down the GlusterFS
client. Can I do that in version 1.3? Any work around?

2.       I found resync does not take place  when an AFR'ed brick is
disconnected, files are added in active brick and AFR'ed brick is
reconnected. How can we solve this problem?

3.       How far is the development for 1.4 release? Is there any
tentative date?

Sanjib

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary. Spread environmental awareness.

www.wipro.com