[Gluster-devel] QUOTA Xlator question

Anand Avati avati at zresearch.com
Mon Jan 21 01:01:16 UTC 2008

> i know, statfs is what i did, the names weren descriptive, you can check
> it on the patch i send.
> previously i was thinking stat mops provided required values...

Yes, for the global quota statfs() is more approrpiate.

i also plan to do statfs on ftruncate but using a generalized statfs_cbk
> (for unlink and for ftruncate).
> and oher functions passing on frame->local a struct containing values
> across call and pointer to
> apropiate final function_cbk so my pre_unlink_stat_cbk get generalized and
> avoid code duplication.

Please read my other email about using statfs instead of stat.

> Im also cleaning code from trace and studing trash to learn how to
> originate a bunch of calls to a statfs from init
> to get current volume usage on startup, i would prefer to have such
> function on posix-storage but nobody is perfect :-P

You should be looking at the schedulers's init() which originate a new frame
to call the stats() mop. I do not understand what requirement you are asking
on storage/posix?

thanks,
avati