[Gluster-devel] help getting RPMs from latest tla ( ?1.3.8? ) PART II

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Tue Jan 15 11:48:05 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 04:18:37PM +0530, Anand Avati wrote:
> all distro packages should begin with the tarball obtained from 'make dist',
> which is specifically meant to build a source distribution tarball without
> the repository control files in them.

What's a bit disturbing is that this tarball is created insode the tree, not
one level above (what I'm used to). I suppose there's an idea behind it which
I didn't get yet.

So the supposed way to build from TLA is:
- checkout/update from TLA
- make a copy of the whole tree (since there's no Makefile there's no fullclean)
- in the working copy,
- ./autogen.sh
- ./configure --prefix=/usr
- make dist
- (move the produced tarball somewhere)
- unpack the tarball
- merge with debian/ and patches obtained from "somewhere"
- run dpkg-buildpackage

?

Cheers,
 Steffen