[Gluster-devel] Problems with ioc again

Anand Avati avati at zresearch.com
Wed Dec 17 23:28:26 UTC 2008

Dan,
  I have a vague memory about giving a custom patch for io-cache. Was that
you? Can you mail me the diff and I can answer your question..

Avati

On Dec 17, 2008 2:34 PM, "Dan Parsons" <dparsons at nyip.net> wrote:

I'd love to use 1.4rc4 but are there any issues in it that would effect me?
I have 4 glusterfs servers, each with 2gbit ethernet (bonded), provididing
sustained 8gbit/s to 33 client nodes. Below is my entire config file. If you
see anything in there using a system that is either buggy or non-optimal in
1.4rc4, or would be difficult to upgrade, please let me know. If not, I can
possibly upgrade.

Below is my current config file. The one I was using when gluster was using
all memory is identical except for 'cache-size' was changed to 4096MB and
'page-size' was changed to 512KB.

-----------
### Add client feature and attach to remote subvolume of server1
volume distfs01
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp/client     # for TCP/IP transport
 option remote-host 10.8.101.51      # IP address of the remote brick
 option remote-subvolume brick        # name of the remote volume
end-volume

### Add client feature and attach to remote subvolume of server2
volume distfs02
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp/client     # for TCP/IP transport
 option remote-host 10.8.101.52      # IP address of the remote brick
 option remote-subvolume brick        # name of the remote volume
end-volume

volume distfs03
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp/client
 option remote-host 10.8.101.53
 option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume distfs04
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp/client
 option remote-host 10.8.101.54
 option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume stripe0
 type cluster/stripe
 option block-size *.gff:1KB,*.nt:1KB,*.best:1KB,*.txt3:1KB,*.nbest.info:1
KB*:1MB
 option scheduler alu
 option alu.order read-usage:write-usage:disk-usage
 option alu.read-usage.entry-threshold 20%
 option alu.read-usage.exit-threshold 4%
 option alu.write-usage.entry-threshold 20%
 option alu.write-usage.exit-threshold 4%
 option alu.disk-usage.entry-threshold 2GB
 option alu.disk-usage.exit-threshold 100MB
 subvolumes distfs01 distfs02 distfs03 distfs04
end-volume

volume ioc  type performance/io-cache  subvolumes stripe0         # In this
example it is 'client...
volume fixed
 type features/fixed-id
 option fixed-uid 0
 option fixed-gid 900
 subvolumes ioc
end-volume

Dan Parsons

On Dec 17, 2008, at 2:09 PM, Anand Avati wrote: > Dan, > Is it feasible for
you to try 1.4.0pre4...