[Gluster-devel] Problems with ioc again

Dan Parsons dparsons at nyip.net
Wed Dec 17 22:34:55 UTC 2008

I'd love to use 1.4rc4 but are there any issues in it that would
effect me? I have 4 glusterfs servers, each with 2gbit ethernet
(bonded), provididing sustained 8gbit/s to 33 client nodes. Below is
my entire config file. If you see anything in there using a system
that is either buggy or non-optimal in 1.4rc4, or would be difficult
to upgrade, please let me know. If not, I can possibly upgrade.

Below is my current config file. The one I was using when gluster was
using all memory is identical except for 'cache-size' was changed to
4096MB and 'page-size' was changed to 512KB.

-----------
### Add client feature and attach to remote subvolume of server1
volume distfs01
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp/client     # for TCP/IP transport
  option remote-host 10.8.101.51      # IP address of the remote brick
  option remote-subvolume brick        # name of the remote volume
end-volume

### Add client feature and attach to remote subvolume of server2
volume distfs02
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp/client     # for TCP/IP transport
  option remote-host 10.8.101.52      # IP address of the remote brick
  option remote-subvolume brick        # name of the remote volume
end-volume

volume distfs03
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp/client
  option remote-host 10.8.101.53
  option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume distfs04
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp/client
  option remote-host 10.8.101.54
  option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume stripe0
   type cluster/stripe
   option block-size *.gff:1KB,*.nt:1KB,*.best:
1KB,*.txt3:1KB,*.nbest.info:1KB*:1MB
   option scheduler alu
   option alu.order read-usage:write-usage:disk-usage
   option alu.read-usage.entry-threshold 20%
   option alu.read-usage.exit-threshold 4%
   option alu.write-usage.entry-threshold 20%
   option alu.write-usage.exit-threshold 4%
   option alu.disk-usage.entry-threshold 2GB
   option alu.disk-usage.exit-threshold 100MB
   subvolumes distfs01 distfs02 distfs03 distfs04
end-volume

volume ioc
   type performance/io-cache
   subvolumes stripe0         # In this example it is 'client' you may
have to change it according to your spec file.
   option page-size 1MB      # 128KB is default
   option cache-size 2048MB    # 32MB is default
   option force-revalidate-timeout 5 # 1second is default
   option priority *.psiblast:3,*.seq:2,*:1
end-volume

volume fixed
   type features/fixed-id
   option fixed-uid 0