[Gluster-devel] problems running glusterfs 2.5 patch 800 and xen

Jordi Moles Blanco jordi at cdmon.com
Tue Dec 9 12:43:43 UTC 2008

En/na Jordi Moles Blanco ha escrit:
> En/na Anand Avati ha escrit:
>>> 2008-12-04 20:06:00 E
>>> [server-protocol.c:6050:server_protocol_interpret]
>>> ultim: bound_xl is null
>>>

>> Are you sure the client and server versions match exactly? Please
>> double check.
>>
>> avati
>>

> Hi,
>
> I've double checked what you suggest, and yes, they all have the very
> same version
>
> patch 800.
>
> The only different thing, as i said before is that on server's side, i
> couldn't run
>
> ./configure --enable-kernel-module
>
> so...
>
> i just ran
>
> ./configure
> make
> make install
>
> because lenny complained that the kernel already had the fuse module
> included.
>
> could that generate this message? should i try to recompile lenny's
> kernel to disable "standard" fuse support on debian lenny?

Hi,

sorry to bother you again with this, but i've found another issue.

As far as i remember, i was always able to create a new machine straight
into a glusterfs working unit.

Right now, with this new version, when i ask Xen to create a new machine
in "/mnt/gluster", i fails. Even if it doesn't, then the machine will
apper "broken" on boot without any chance of recovering it.

What i have to do then is create it in my local disk and then move it to
/mnt/gluster, where it will start and "freeze" at the point that i said
in the previous mails.

Also, if i copy an image file of a vm from another Xen Server straight
into /mnt/gluster through "scp" command, it won't work. Instead, i have
to "scp" the file to my local harddisk form an external machine and then
move it into /mnt/gluster.

I don't know if this helps you identify the problem.

Just let me know if there's any other information you require from my setup.