[Gluster-devel] Upgrade planning

Amar S. Tumballi amar at zresearch.com
Wed Aug 27 22:17:50 UTC 2008

Sorry Martin for missing out the mail earlier.

Generally in testing what I do is just install new glusterfs (1.4.xx) on
some temporary path. (the only problem comes if  you are using
mount.glusterfs, as it gets overwritten), and use glusterfs from temporary
path (and new ports, spec file) to run tests. Where as stable glusterfs will
be running in standard path. This works fine for me as i run every instance
from 'glusterfs', instead of relaying on mount.glusterfs and 'mount -t
glusterfs'

Regards,
Amar

Since I haven't gotten any response, perhaps I can word the
> question slightly differently.  Is there an easy way to run
> two independent glusterfs mount binaries which support
> different versions of the glusterfs protocol?  Something
> like having two different binaries, perhaps named:
> glusterfs.1.3.8 and glusterfs.1.4.1? Would I have
> to statically compile them so that I do not have library
> version conflicts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Martin

Amar Tumballi