[Gluster-devel] Casual inquiry

Brandon Lamb brandonlamb at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 22:21:41 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I was just reviewing the roadmap again after months and thought I
would ask if there was any kind of idea on a time frame for the
following 1.4 features

storage/bdb - distributed BerkeleyDB based storage backend (very
efficient for small files)
binary protocol  - bit level protocol headers (huge improvement in
performance for small files)
AFR atomic writes - handle total power-loss, split-brains,.. (bullet-proof AFR)

And I was wondering what this was or did
hash - hash based clustering with no name-space cache (linear
scalability even for small files)

Is hash some internal thing or is this a translator or something?

Thanks!

Brandon