[Gluster-devel] 1.3.8pre5 glusterfsd WARNING message

Daniel Maher dma+gluster at witbe.net
Wed Apr 9 09:25:43 UTC 2008

On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 00:42:15 -0700 "Amar S. Tumballi"
<amar at zresearch.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>  GlusterFS-1.3.8pre5 (Release candidate for 1.3.8-stable) is
> available for download now.

Thanks for the new release.  I built the RPMs and upgraded my test
cluster on 1.3.8pre5.  After restarting glusterfsd on the storage
nodes, i noticed the following warning message (which i hadn't seen
with the FC8 glusterfsd RPM) :

2008-04-09 09:14:57 C [unify.c:4158:init] gfs-unify: WARNING: You have
defined only one "subvolumes" for unify volume. It may not be the
desired config, review your volume spec file. If this is how you are
testing it, you may hit some performance penalty

What does this mean, exactly ?  Based on the wiki, as well as feedback
from the list, my config is set up appropriately - has the recommended
practice changed for a two-node HA / AFR cluster ?

My unify volume definition :
# unify the dataspace and namespace
volume gfs-unify
  type cluster/unify
  subvolumes gfs-ds-afr
  option namespace gfs-ns-afr
  # TODO: study other schedulers
  option scheduler rr                   # internal round robin-style
scheduler end-volume

My entire server config :
http://pastebin.ca/967749

Thanks !