[Gluster-devel] posix-lock or not

Hans Einar Gautun einar.gautun at statkart.no
Fri Sep 14 07:41:07 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I've been playing with posix-locks. Setup is single server and client on
the same host. Filesystem is xfs. I've used the simple testlock.pl
provided earlier from Kevan Benson.
Scenarios:
With posix-locks loaded, but mandatory and advisory off
With posix-locks loaded, but mandatory and advisory on
Without loading posix-locks
On another local disk, xfs filesystem
I've started the script, (adjusted it to lock the file for 10 seconds)
and started it once again before the first run is finished.

Result is the same for all scenarios.

Possible conclusion: On xfs I don't need to load posix-locks. Am I
right?

Thanks,

Einar Gautun                           einar.gautun at statkart.no

Statens kartverk            | Norwegian Mapping Authority
3507 Hønefoss               |    NO-3507 Hønefoss, Norway

Ph +47 32118372   Fax +47 32118101       Mob +47 92692662