[Gluster-devel] List of files on a failed glusterfsd node

Amar S. Tumballi amar at zresearch.com
Wed Oct 31 08:43:46 UTC 2007

Hi Majied,
 Currently there is no method (ie, tools in glusterfs) to find the list of
files which were present in the 'down' node. It was our goal to get some
management tools with glusterfs, but due to changed priorities, it got
postponed.

For hackers: One can try to find a hack by editing unify's lookup() to get
this list though.

Regards,
Amar

On 10/31/07, Majied Najjar <majied.najjar at nationalnet.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a question that I have not been able to resolve on my own.
>
> Say I have a group of servers running glusterfsd which serve files to a
> frontend glusterfs server.  I am not using AFR and using AFR is not an
> option.  If one of the backend glusterfsd servers should go down and lose
> all of it's data, is it possible to generate a list of files that are no
> longer available (being located on the "down'd" glusterfsd server) in a
> simple way?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Majied Najjar

Amar Tumballi