[Gluster-devel] List of files on a failed glusterfsd node

Majied Najjar majied.najjar at nationalnet.com
Wed Oct 31 08:40:40 UTC 2007

Hello!

lists at a.linevich.com wrote:

> Greeting, Majied!  Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 07:05:18PM -0400, majied.najjar wrote:
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a question that I have not been able to resolve on my own.
>>
>> Say I have a group of servers running glusterfsd which serve files to
>> a frontend glusterfs server.  I am not using AFR and using AFR is not
>> an option.  If one of the backend glusterfsd servers should go down
>> and lose all of it's data, is it possible to generate a list of files
>> that are no longer available (being located on the "down'd" glusterfsd
>> server) in a simple way?
>>

> If you have namespace brick on another server, you can use that info
> for list of missed files.
> For example, in one server you can store data brick #1 and namespace #2,
> another server will have data brick #2 and namespace #1.

Ok.  But how would I determine if they were missing or not?  Would I
have to try to "touch" each file represented in the namespace cache or
is there some "trick" to making that determination fairly quickly?

The servers will be holding TBytes of data so attempting to check the
status of each file would take some time.

Thanks,
Majied