[Gluster-devel] High availability

Kevan Benson kbenson at a-1networks.com
Tue Oct 30 16:09:55 UTC 2007

If all your AFR ad Unify translators are defined on the server side, you
have to have some form of failover on the client, such as a round-robin
IP address between the servers, or heartbeat for a shared IP, etc.

If you put unify on the client side, or both unify and AFR on the client
side, nothing else should be required.  I would advise you to set the
transport timeout to something smaller though,even if it's just for
testing purposes and you set it higher again later.  I find 10 seconds
works fine for me.