[Gluster-devel] High availability

CityToo - Benjamin Loire bloire at citytoo.com
Tue Oct 30 13:25:37 UTC 2007

OK => If I unplug ethernet eth0, /mnt/glusterfs is no responding until I plug again the ethernet eth0

I didn't configure transport timeout and if don't plug again ethernet eth0, /mnt/glusterfs is no responding ...What is the time-period before command complete successfully because I have waiting about 30 secondes !
Have I to necessarily to configure transport timeout ?

When you say "But after that time-period command should complete successfully", is condition to plug again ethernet eth0 ?

If you want say that command should complete successfully after a time-period slightly greater than transport timeout without to plug again ethernet eth0 (server), have I to use necessarily translator unify with "rr" in first before translator AFR, or is translator AFR alone does automatically high availability if one sublvolume is down ?

PS: I have only 2 nodes server for my test.
Should I have 3 nodes server to have high availability if I use AFR with option replicate *:2 or should I have high availability too if I have 2 nodes server with AFR with option replicate *:2 if I unplug ethernet eth0 server ?

Benjamin LOIRE

Le Mardi 30 Octobre 2007 12:55, Raghavendra G a écrit :
> Hi Benjamin,
>
> It may not be responsive for a period slightly greater than transport
> timeout. But after that time-period command should complete successfully.
>
> regards,
> On Oct 30, 2007 1:27 AM, CityToo - Benjamin Loire <bloire at citytoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > If I unplug ethernet on server A, /mnt/glusterfs is no responding.
> > Yet I use unify rr + AFR between server A and server B
> >
> > Is it normal for a high availability storage system like glusterfs ?
> >
> > Benjamin LOIRE

Salutations distinguées

Benjamin LOIRE
Directeur Général Fondateur
CityToo
19, allée du Clos Gagneur
93160 Noisy le Grand
bloire at citytoo.com
Tel : (+33) 1 43 05 78 46

RCS 478 844 053  Bobigny

CityToo : Place de marché e-commerce
Comparez, achetez, vendez en toute garantie
Et accédez à plus de 14 services gratuits de petites annonces

http://www.CityToo.fr