[Gluster-devel] Strange inconsistencies (No such file or directory)

Kevan Benson kbenson at a-1networks.com
Thu Oct 25 16:04:09 UTC 2007

Brian Taber wrote:
> None of those are symlinks at all...  There is settings in Dovecot to use
> harlinks to maintain names, but that option is turned off...  still same
> issue, I think Dovecot might be using a symlink temporairily when moving
> the messages from the new folder to the cur folder.

It's using hadlinks.  Your logs bear that out.  Symlinks wouldn't
accomplish what it's trying to do in this case, which is an atomic move
operation (or as atomic as they can get).

> In IMAP messages that
> arrive go into /mail/mydomain.com/webmaster/new/ and then the mail server
> moves them into /mail/mydomain.com/webmaster/cur/ once you check for new
> messages...  This issue only happens when I check email from one server
> and it moves it into the cur folder....  that is when the other server can
> not access it unless I restart glusterfs on the client having the access
> issue...

Could this be some sort of directory caching issue?  On the server that
can't read the file, which if the tmp, cur and new directories does it
show up in?

How are you trying to access the file on the postfix server?  Manually,
or is there another IMAP server of some sort in there?

--

-Kevan Benson
-A-1 Networks