[Gluster-devel] Suggestions from a lazy guy

Amar S. Tumballi amar at zresearch.com
Wed Oct 24 13:15:47 UTC 2007

On 10/24/07, Daniel van Ham Colchete <daniel.colchete at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello yall,
>
> I like to think I'm a lazy person. Usually I'm always thinking: how can I
> make my work easier. I'm that kind of person that would work a little bit
> more in the beginning to work less latter.
>
> After the completely open and objective-less sentence above, I have a few
> suggestions to help with my lazy way of life:

Being lazy is the main reason behind all simple things IMHO :D

1 - Everyday when I get to my office I go to zresearch's FTP server to check
> if there is a new version of GlusterFS available. It would help a lot if
> there was an announcement of some kind everytime a new release was made
> done
> (through gluster-devel or any other list). What do you think? Still about
> new versions, because there isn't a changelog, how do I know witch TLA
> corresponds to witch version? If you get the tgz's timestamp you can check
> the TLA changelog time and guess, but it is too much work... What do you
> think?

True.
>From now onwards, you need not visit our website for checking new releases.
I will take responsibility of mailing about the releases. Also Including
Changelog and corresponding tla patchset number.

2 - Every time I answer something to the list I have to change the recipient
> of the message to gluster-devel at ... . Usually I don't and I have to send
> the
> message twice. What do you think about making it automatically? Well, this
> is only good if the cases where you want you answer to the list outweigh
> those where you want to send your answer to the sender only. I'm with the
> first. Dunno about everybody else.
>
> Hope to have helped.

For me 'Reply-all' is yet another button like 'Reply'.. Hence not a
problem.. Don't know about others

Best regards,

 Amar

Amar Tumballi