[Gluster-devel] Re: Problems while upgrading from 1.2.x to 1.3.x

Krishna Srinivas krishna at zresearch.com
Wed Oct 24 07:43:10 UTC 2007

Hi Andrey,

On 10/24/07, NovA <av.nova at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi again!
>
> Well, using debug logging I've got some understanding... The problem
> is that files and directories on bricks has inconsistent inode numbers
> for new 1.3.x GlusterFS. Different files don't allowed to have the
> same inodes, which is typical situation in unifed GlusterFS 1.2
> volume. The question is, what is the client behavior in such a case?
> It could happen on working system, if one create a file on backend FS
> for example...

When you are using unify which uses NS to decide on the inode number,
it can not happen so that two files have same inode number because
the NS will be on the same filesystem. How did you conclude that two
files got the same inode number?

Can you paste your spec files? Can you make sure that both glusterfs
and glusterfsd are of the same version?

> And the more practical question: Is there a way to convert FS without
> recreating file structure? In my case, the data on GlusterFS 1.2 is
> too large to be saved on one HDD and then moved on new gluster
> storage...

Yes, selfhealing should take care of it.

Krishna