[Gluster-devel] Re: Problems while upgrading from 1.2.x to 1.3.x

NovA av.nova at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 19:13:37 UTC 2007

Hi again!

Well, using debug logging I've got some understanding... The problem
is that files and directories on bricks has inconsistent inode numbers
for new 1.3.x GlusterFS. Different files don't allowed to have the
same inodes, which is typical situation in unifed GlusterFS 1.2
volume. The question is, what is the client behavior in such a case?
It could happen on working system, if one create a file on backend FS
for example...

And the more practical question: Is there a way to convert FS without
recreating file structure? In my case, the data on GlusterFS 1.2 is
too large to be saved on one HDD and then moved on new gluster
storage...

Thanks in advance for any comments.

WBR,
 Andrey