[Gluster-devel] Strange inconsistencies (No such file or directory)

Brian Taber btaber at diversecg.com
Sun Oct 21 15:48:16 UTC 2007

Any help here would be appreciated.  I am trying to use a glusterfs share
to run email (IMAP).  I am using postfix for the mail server and dovecot
for clients.  I have 2 server accessing the same share, 1 server has the
mail server with dovecot for regular mail clients.  Server 2 has dovecot
for webmail.  If an email arrives, server 1 prosses and writes it.  If
server 2 as client accesses it, it works ok.  If server 1 client tries to
access the ame message, it can not access it.  If I login to terminal, try
to ls or cat the file, I get "No such file or directory".  If I restart
the share by doing a umount then mount (share is setup in fstab), all of
the sudden I can access the file again no problem.

My setup for glusterfs is as follows:

Server:
volume ns-mail
  type storage/posix
  option directory /gluster-mail
end-volume

volume mail
  type storage/posix
  option directory /data/mail
end-volume

volume posix-locks-mail
  type features/posix-locks
  option mandatory on
  subvolumes mail
end-volume

volume io-thr-mail
 type performance/io-threads
 subvolumes posix-locks-mail
end-volume

volume wb-mail
 type performance/write-behind
 subvolumes io-thr-mail
end-volume

volume ra-mail
 type performance/read-ahead
 subvolumes wb-mail
end-volume

volume server
  type protocol/server
  subvolumes ns-mail ra-mail
  option transport-type tcp/server     # For TCP/IP transport
  option auth.ip.ns-mail.allow 192.168.*
  option auth.ip.ra-mail.allow 192.168.*
end-volume

Client config: