[Gluster-devel] Potential Memory Leak?

Karl Bernard karl at vomba.com
Sat Oct 20 23:46:44 UTC 2007

Hello,

I've been testing luster in a development environment with 4 servers
acting as both client and servers.

In the last 2 days, I've run maintenance script that perform a lot of
read and write operations.

I've noticed that the glusterfsd was using 57mb of memory when initially
started and the memory usage grew to using 85% of server memory on one
of the host:

  PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+
COMMAND
23219 root      17   0 1027m 861m  756 D    2 85.3 315:29.43 glusterfsd

I also saw the performance slowly degrade and saw a huge jump in speed
after I restarted the deamon on all the bricks.

I'm unsure what to monitor to help debug the potential problem. Is there
something I can do to help improve gluster and fix that problem?

Karl