[Gluster-devel] unify: No space left on device

Kevan Benson kbenson at a-1networks.com
Thu Nov 29 23:35:55 UTC 2007

Albert Shih wrote:
>  Le 29/11/2007 à 12:01:47-0800, Kevan Benson a écrit
>> Unify doesn't split files.  It just abstracts which server the file is
>> stored on and retrieved from, and the aggregation of the files from all the
>
> ok.
>
>> servers when a listing is done.  What you should be seeing in this case, is
>> that the *whole file* is written to a node that does have space (if there
>> is a node that has more than 5% space available).
>
> I'm not really sure I understand this. When I start the copie the
> filesystem is full at 99%, you mean gluster must not write on this node ?
 >
>> Is you used the striping translator above the unify, you would be storing
>> chunks of files (if the files are large enough), and the chunks will be
>> scattered across the nodes.  That would allow for more efficient space
>> usage.
>
> OK. For me it's not a space problem. But I must known how I can configure
> glusterfs for my HPC.

I think I missed the gist of your problem before.  Let me know if this
sums it up:

1) You are using NUFA to prioritize the local node access
2) The local node is close to full, but the other nodes are not
3) When writing from that node, a no free disk space error is returned,
even through there is plenty of space on other nodes

--

-Kevan Benson
-A-1 Networks