[Gluster-devel] unify: No space left on device

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Thu Nov 29 21:24:51 UTC 2007

 Le 29/11/2007 à 12:01:47-0800, Kevan Benson a écrit

> Unify doesn't split files.  It just abstracts which server the file is
> stored on and retrieved from, and the aggregation of the files from all the

ok.

> servers when a listing is done.  What you should be seeing in this case, is
> that the *whole file* is written to a node that does have space (if there
> is a node that has more than 5% space available).

I'm not really sure I understand this. When I start the copie the
filesystem is full at 99%, you mean gluster must not write on this node ?

> Is you used the striping translator above the unify, you would be storing
> chunks of files (if the files are large enough), and the chunks will be
> scattered across the nodes.  That would allow for more efficient space
> usage.

OK. For me it's not a space problem. But I must known how I can configure
glusterfs for my HPC.

Thanks for you answer and sorry for my english.

Regards.

--
Albert SHIH
Observatoire de Paris Meudon