[Gluster-devel] glusterfs--mainline--2.4/2.5

Anand Avati avati at zresearch.com
Thu May 10 17:21:42 UTC 2007

Hi all,
  if any of you have checkout glusterfs--mainline--2.5 please do not
expect it to work. glusterfs--mainline--2.4 is the one currently
stable.

glusterfs--mainline--2.5 is currently _unstable_ and has major
internal changes and heavy rewrites happening. these changes will be
resulting in incompatibilty between old and new versions
interoperability (and changes regarding AFR going to server side).
However, the 1.3-STABLE will be based off glusterfs--mainline--2.5
because we do not wish to push the incompatibility between 1.3-STABLE
and later (1.4, 1.5 etc). Hence the delay in the 1.3-STABLE release.

I will be making an announcment when the glusterfs--mainline--2.5 will
be usable and near stable.

thanks,
avati

--