[Gluster-devel] 1.3.0pre2

Brent A Nelson brent at phys.ufl.edu
Fri Mar 2 21:05:17 UTC 2007

So, I compiled 1.3.0pre2 as soon as it came out (nice, trouble-free
standard configure and make), and I found it very easy to set up a
GlusterFS with one node mirroring 16 disks to another, all optimizers
loaded.

However, it isn't stable under load.  I get errors like the following and
glusterfs exits:

[Mar 02 14:23:29] [ERROR/common-utils.c:52/full_rw()]
libglusterfs:full_rw: 0 bytes r/w instead of 113

I thought it might be because I was using the stock fuse module with my
kernel, but I replaced it with the 2.6.3 fuse module and it still dies in
this way.

Is this a bug or just that my setup is poor (one node serves 16 individual
shares through a single glusterfsd, the mirror node does the same, and the
servers are also acting as my test clients) or that I'm not using the
deadline scheduler (yet) or...?

Thanks,

Brent