[Gluster-devel] df bug in mainline-2.5

Brent A Nelson brent at phys.ufl.edu
Mon Jun 25 23:50:16 UTC 2007

I just started testing the new code, which seems to be going rather well
so far.

Two things:

1) df is reporting incorrect sizes.  The sizes are (number of subvolumes
in my unify)*(sizes of df for the namespace cache), rather than the sum of
the sizes of the subvolumes.  The filesystem itself is working fine (so
far), however, and writes are occuring on my subvolumes.

2) How can I best tweak the alu scheduler such that multiple concurrent dd
processes, started at approximately the same time, will go to different
disks rather than the same one?  I believe this used to do the trick
reasonably in the old code:
   option alu.order disk-usage:read-usage:write-usage:open-files-usage:disk-speed-usage
   option alu.disk-usage.entry-threshold 2GB
   option alu.disk-usage.exit-threshold 60MB
   option alu.stat-refresh.interval 10sec

Thanks,

Brent

PS Which performance translators should perform reliably in the new code
at the moment?