[Gluster-devel] nfs over glusterfs/fuse (fwd)

Brent A Nelson brent at phys.ufl.edu
Thu Jun 14 22:32:00 UTC 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:29:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: Brent A Nelson <brent at phys.ufl.edu>
To: Dale Dude <dale at oc3networks.com>
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] nfs over glusterfs/fuse

I tinkered with nfs-user-server and unfs3 when I was trying Lustre a couple of
years ago.  I don't think either was really usable (I think unfs3 had some
serious limitations, although the project looked rather promising)...

I see the unfs3 project hasn't stood still since I tried it, however, with a
new release in January.

I see (recent) messages in fuse-dev which basically say that nfs-kernel-server
should work; where did you see the message about them not recommending it and
to use unfs3, instead?

Thanks,

Brent